You will be responsible for the building and/or configuration of software solutions within the business portfolio. They ensure software is delivered to high quality standards by collaborating with their agile team members and by leveraging unit testing and continuous integration. They participate in the estimation of work required to deliver software features.
To apply for the Software Engineer Role, please send your CV to Shane.carton(a)solasit.ie or call Shane on 015367384 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer Role:
• Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features.
• Responsible for communication and collaboration with key stakeholders in the delivery of features
• Design, codes, configures, unit tests, maintains, and documents software deliverables using agreed upon standards and tools
• Participates in code reviews and sprint retrospectives, ensuring their ideas for team continuous improvement are communicated so that the overall process and team can improve
• always Focuses on delivering business priority and value
• Responsible for ensuring the quality of existing and new features through both manual and automated testing and use of continuous integration techniques, where practical
• Collaborates with User Experience (UX) designers to ensure designs produced can be translated efficiently into working solutions for feature delivery
• Ensures an innovation culture in the team by continuous improvement of deliveries and participates in evaluating new processes and technologies that can be applied to future feature delivery
• Collaborates with Technical Support Engineers to transition software features to a production environment ensuring that the deliveries meet application performance criteria, release standards; and ensures application and system stability.
• Automates testing of software to industry standards of software automation ensuring very high-quality application/solution delivery and efficient regression of existing features
• Ensures that the latest project progress is known to the agile team by ensuring Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily stand-ups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments
Required Knowledge and Experience for the Software Engineer Role:
• 2+ years’ experience with demonstrated success at the Associate level in software development and software development practices or equivalent experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science is preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
• Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
• Demonstrates strong focus on quality delivery and delighting customers; holds self to high standards of delivery
• Shows evidence of analytical ability
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367384)