Some developers like to work in a company where the products being built make a difference to the world. Some develpoers want to work in a company where upskilling and continuous learning is encouraged. And some developers want to work in an organisation where the culture is flexible.
I have a company which matches all the above. I have a fullstack web developer position with one of the fastest growing life sciences companies in the country, who's main goal is to improve lives.
Sound to good to be true? Apply and I will discuss in greater detail.
Duties And Responsibilities
* Work closely with the IT and Marketing team to enhance and improve the website experience.
* Help bring ideas from our team into real world functioning applications on company websites.
* Drive web development projects from design phase, through development and deployment liaising with all relevant stakeholders.
* Support, document and administer the company's CMS and web systems.
* Build and own technical specifications, system documentation and design style guides.
* Identify and implement process and quality improvements to maximise and streamline user experience.
* Ensure deliverables are timely and meet quality standards.
Required Skills & Qualifications
* A professional qualification from a recognised University or Technical College or equivalent industry experience.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in full stack web development with a proven track record designing and developing mobile responsive websites and web applications.
* Expert knowledge of WordPress, theme and plugin development.
* Experience supporting and administering WordPress including managing backups, plugin updates, user administration and ability to provide advanced support to internal website users.
* Knowledge of the best practices of web design UI/UX (layout, design, typography, image optimisation etc.)
* Ability to produce flexible, reliable web software with secure and robust documented code.
* Cross-browser and cross-device testing experience to ensure consistent display in major supported browsers.
* Ability to convert layouts and wireframes into working HTML pages and WordPress theme designs and templates.
* Experience using RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
* Knowledge of online security e.g.
WordPress code and permission hardening, spam prevention, assessment of code and WP plugins for vulnerabilities.
* Knowledge of the best practices of optimising website for SEO.
* Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.