Cloud Consultant - Dublin
Digital Planet is Ireland's leading Cloud Services Provider, providing flexible, secure and highly available systems to a wide range of Irish and international clients. Digital Planet is seeking an experienced Cloud Consultant/ Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing cloud Infrastructure Team in our Cherrywood office in Dublin.
This role requires an experienced Cloud Consultant/ Senior Infrastructure Engineer with working experience of Project Management, Service Delivery, Account and Vendor Management to join our cloud consultancy team
The successful candidate will need to work with peers from other teams to determine and implement innovative solutions to help Digital Planet's continued expansion. The role involves implementation and support of our cloud infrastructure based on VMware, Cisco and HPE technologies, across multiple datacentres in Ireland, UK and the US.
Tasks will involve:
* Shared responsible for the maintenance and availability of the Multi-tenancy and customer private cloud deployments across the datacentres.
* Understanding customer (Internal & external) requirements to deliver IaaS solutions and services
* Working as part of a scrum team to deliver bi-weekly service improvement projects
* Working with vendors to learn about the latest developments in cloud solutions
* Developing work practices that engineers can follow to ensure service availability is maintained
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
* Ability to take ownership of major issues & follow through to resolution
* Proven ability to work well under pressure
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to act as a mentor to more junior team members
Skills & Experience:
* Minimum 6-8 years' experience in a hands-on infrastructure role, including the deployment and management of VMware vSphere 6.x virtual environments and the technologies deployed that is required for a virtual infrastructure to function properly including, SANs, switches, routers & firewalls.
* Good troubleshooting skills: Follow a logical, systematic approach to identify the symptoms of an issue, eliminate possible causes, diagnose the root cause and provide a resolution.
* Working knowledge on the following:
* Hypervisor technologies, primarily VMware-based including SDDC, SDN and SDS.
* Networking Concepts including: Datacentre Networking, TCP/IP, IPv4, VLAN/VXLAN, VTEPs, NAT, IPv4 Subnetting, VPCs, VRFs, VPNs,
* Storage: SANs using iSCSI and FCoE protocols, RAID, SAN zoning, thin-provisioning, redundant design.
* Management of DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP and Active Directory.
* Windows/Linux administration.
* VM-level backup solutions.
* Implementation and testing of Disaster Recovery solutions
Demonstratable experience with many of the following technologies is desirable in a successful candidate.
* VMware vSphere 6.x (vCenter/ESXi) with a VCP6-DCV accreditation minimum
* VMware NSX, Distributed Firewalls, Distributed Routing, interoperability with 3rd party technologies.
* VMware VSAN 6.x.
* Cisco Routing and Switching with CCNA-level accreditation.
* Firewall deployment: Cisco ASA or Palo Alto or VMware Edge.
* Compute: HP ProLiant Servers, DL and BL series.
* Storage: HPE 3Par SAN, VMware VSAN
* HPE Virtual Connect
* Cloud Management: VMware vCloud Director
* Networking: Cisco Nexus 3K, 5K & 9K series
* Firewalls: Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, NSX Edge
* Load Balancers: Citrix NetScaler or F5 Big-IP LTM or NSX Edge
* Backups: Veeam Backup and Replication, Veeam Cloud Connect.
* Disaster Recovery: Zerto, VMware SRM, Veeam Backup and Replication.
* VMware vROPs / Log Insight
* Mobile phone
* Training and development
* Health insurance
* Flexible working hours
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Michal Gawronski ( +353 1 4396811 or michal dot gawronski at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.