Senior Software Developer - Payments
itContracting, on behalf of our client, are currently seeking applicants for a Senior Software Developer. This is a permanent position based with our client in Waterford.
As a Senior Software Developer you will have open opportunities to contribute to the full stack of our client's application platform from the user interface, through the API, persistence layer and deployment.
You will work as part of our client's Pay Development Team consisting of UXUI Specialists, User Interface, API and Mobile Application Developers. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with remote colleagues are essential.
* Developing RESTful API's in Node.js (possibly Golang) to provide innovative payment solutions
* Designing and building micro-services to support mobile and web-based client-side applications
* Integrating 3rd party components and systems into the platform
* Optimising, profiling and debugging software components
* Communicating with our client's partners, customers and vendors in an effective manner
* Supporting and mentoring junior developers as well as leading knowledge sharing exercises
* Working with Docker, software containerization and micro-services architectures
Experience & Skills Required:
* Third Level Degree/ Masters in computer-related discipline
* Capable of working independently under the direction of Tech Lead and/or Head of R&D
* Excellent analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
* Experience and knowledge of RDBMS databases - PostgreSQL, development of Stored Procedures, Indexing and optimization
* Experience and knowledge of NoSQL databases
* Experience with Agile development methodologies
* Experience with automated tests (unit, functional) and continuous integration
* Willingness to learn and use good coding techniques/practices
* Knowledge of software design patterns
* SCM using Git, Git workflows
* Full stack web development
* Experience with containerisation such as Docker
* Understanding of continuous delivery and experience in automated deployments
* Experience with Node.js and creating NPM modules
* Experience developing applications with express.js, MEAN and other Node.js frameworks & stacks
* Excellent knowledge of ECMAScript 6
* Experience with Vue.js
* Building solutions for the payments industry
* Understanding of developing WCAG compliant sites and awareness of accessibility needs
* js, express.js, Docker, NGINX, Ubuntu, PostgreSQL, Redis, ArangoDb, Git, Amazon Web Services, RabbitMQ, Vagrant, Vue.js, Angular.js, Ansible, GoCD.
* Highly collaborative culture with a dynamic and innovative team
* Accessible leadership opportunities to develop and promote employees
* Strong work life balance
* Competitive Salary
* Defined Contribution Pension Plan
* Medical and Dental Insurance
* Life Assurance and Income Protection (Illness and Disability Cover)
* Full or partially subsidised training/ courses
* Family atmosphere with company sponsored events and community projects
* Opportunity to travel
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Jonathan Power ( +353 86 366 4576 or jonathan dot power at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.