We are currently looking for a Data Engineer on the Data Services team who will be responsible for building APIs to deliver data product. The role will provide the exposure to grow quickly within the business using the latest technologies and learning from the various functional teams. You’ll get to use your experience to develop our engineering process, influence decisions when building new features and ensure the scalability and availability of the platforms.
The Data Services Team is responsible for gathering 3rd Party data combining with internal datasets enhancing with machine learning techniques with the end goal of delivering APIs and data products. Working within the Data Services Team and reporting to the Data Services team lead, the Data Engineer will leverage our data platform to build and maintain APIs.
To apply for the Data Engineer Role, please send your CV to Shane.carton(a)solasit.ie or call Shane on 01 5367384 for more information.
Ideal Candidate for the Data Engineer Role:
• A naturally curious mind, constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimise.
• Meticulous attention to detail, not letting errors slide.
• Be comfortable handling a steep learning curve.
• Be passionate about helping businesses to grow.
• Evidence of driving new initiatives and ideas in work or personally.
• Show a desire to grow fast and move quickly.
• Expert skills to deliver scalable APIs.
• Appetite to work in a lean and agile environment.
• Self-driven with fantastic organisational skills.
• Leverages data to understand our platforms in depth, identifies areas of opportunity, and executes projects to drive user growth, retention and engagement.
Required Experience and Skills for the Data Engineer Role:
• 3+ years of experience building microservices.
• BS/BA in computer science, engineering, maths or similar technical field.
• Must have excellent capabilities in Python using test driven development. 2nd language (Java) an advantage.
• Strong SQL abilities – Ability to write efficient queries.
• Experience working with and building RESTful APIs and Web services.
• Comfortable with Docker, knowledge of OpenShift or Kubernetes an advantage.
• AWS Experience with EC2, S3, RDS, ElasticSearch, Redis, ActiveMQ, etc.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367384)