itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Database Administrator. This is a permanent position based with our client in Dublin.
The Database Administrator will play a key role within our client's Global ICT Team. You will be responsible for implementing, configuring, backing up and troubleshooting all database instances throughout our client's organisation.
You will also be responsible for monitoring and tuning system performance. It will be your responsibility to set global standards for Database Administration and Configuration throughout the business.
You will also be the point of contact for the Global ICT Team for all ICT solutions that require SQL Databases both on-prem and MS Azure platform.
* You will have 5+ years' experience in a similar database administration role.
* You will have Microsoft SQL Server DBA Certification.
* You will have experience working with Azure SQL Databases (Both PaaS and IaaS modes).
* You will have experience with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and tuning tools like SQL Profiler.
* Experience with SQL server Always On Availability Groups
* Experience with 24x7 High Availability and DR environmental support
* Good team player with strong communication and problem-solving skills
* Track record of multitasking and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Understanding of supporting infrastructure components, particularly storage configuration
Additional information is available upon application. Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Brian Coss ( +353 1526 7738 or brian dot coss at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.