Senior Magento Backend Developer
We are recruiting a certified Senior Magento Backend Developer to join our growing E-Commerce team in Dublin. This is an excellent opportunity for an e-commerce web developer to work with a team of exceptional strategic, creative and technical digital specialists.
To apply for the Senior Magento Backend Developer Role, please send your CV to Mark.keenan(a)solasit.ie or call Mark on 016993439 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Senior Magento Backend Developer Role
• Reporting to the Product Owner and eCommerce Product Development Lead, you will use agile / scrum methodologies to complete technical tasks as part of the overall delivery of product features.
• Collaborate with colleagues from Design, Marketing, Development, Support and DevOps, clients and 3rd party service providers to develop new ways to enhance website functionality and conversion.
• Conduct code reviews.
• Debug complex issues and bugs using debugging tools.
• Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents.
• Perform support and development tasks on Magento eCommerce Platform.
• Create, document and implement unit tests and scripts.
• Develop custom extensions to integrate Magento (1.x and 2.x) for with third-party systems
Required Technical Skills for the Senior Magento Backend Developer Role
• 3+ years’ experience with Magento 1.x and 2.x (CE and EE), good understand of the functional and technical aspect of the application.
• Experience with NoSQL databases and queue systems is required (e.g. Elasticsearch, Redis, RabbitMQ, etc.)
• Knowledge of other PHP Frameworks is a plus (e.g. Laravel, Symfony, Zend)
• Excellent programming skills in core PHP is required.
• Experience with Web Services (REST/SOAP) and/or SOA.
• Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and Design Patterns.
• Ability to debug complex PHP application (Xdebug, Profiler and others)
• Development following PHP coding standards (PSR)
• Knowledge of Docker or Vagrant is a plus.
Required Interpersonal Skills for the Senior Magento Backend Developer Role
• A team player who can work in multinational, cross-functional teams.
• Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn and improve technical skills.
• Must have a good command of written & verbal English.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 3535 1699 3439)