Lead DBA – Project Manager
About the Role
The Database Security Deployment Project Manager role is responsible for supporting the rollout of the EMEA database access monitoring program. This role will coordinate all activities related with deployment of IBM Guardium infrastructure in EMEA data centres and onboarding of in-scope databases into the existing EMEA database monitoring process. This will be a temporary assignment aligned with the project timelines, aiming to expedite implementation and provide required level of support to the local teams.
To apply for the Lead DBA – Project Manager Role, please send your CV to Helen.gillbanks(a)solasit.ie or call Helen on 01 5367388 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Lead DBA – Project Manager Role:
• Coordination of EMEA database monitoring project implementation.
• Support the onboarding of existing databases into the EMEA database security monitoring process and ensure controls will be made effective across multiple database technologies, including Oracle, SQL, Big Data and NoSQL.
• Partnering with US and EMEA IT Risk & Security (ITRS), database, engineering, application, security, and operational staff to drive resolution on database security projects and issues.
• Interfacing with vendors to ensure the appropriate tools, configurations, and workflows are in place.
• Develop & maintain implementation project plan.
• Track progress continuously against agreed milestones. Communicate status regularly and escalate any deviation from plan to Program Management.
• Communicate regularly and proactively with all impacted stakeholders
• Engagement with 3rd party stakeholders as required.
Required Experience and Technical Skills for the Lead DBA – Project Manager Role:
• 5+ years proven project and team leadership experience.
• 5+ years strong background in database technologies.
• Strong knowledge of and experience resolving database security challenges.
• Database Administrator experience with at least two major database management systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills.
Desirable Experience for the Lead DBA – Project Manager Role:
• Experience with Guardium Database Access Monitoring.
• Experience with SonarG data warehouse for Guardium.
• Certification in Project management.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367388)