A large multinational IT company placed in Newbridge is looking for a new colleague to join their deskside support team, to support HW, SW, server and network issues.
Your job will be:
· Provide support on client sites.
· Build and deploy PCs, patch network points, troubleshoot printer problems, support standard software packages, according to current procedures
· ‘Hands and Eyes’ support for infrastructure environment (network switches, servers, backup tape library) – under guidance from the responsible offshore support towers
· Data Centre Tasks – rack new hardware, follow HW retirement process, visible checks
· Take ownership of calls escalated from the service desk; adherence to client processes
· iPhone - iPad troubleshooting
· Videoconferencing equipment – test and meeting support
· Candidate will need to demonstrate that they can work well in a team environment
· Answer contacts and reply to emails promptly and professionally
· Log/Validate all contacts in Ticket Handling Database –Servicecenter
· Manage end to end all tickets logged, providing regular updates to customers on call status
· Invoke Escalation Procedures within defined time frames
· Working in a regulated environment, the candidate will need to be consistent in following safety and operational procedures
· Adhere to all ITAM Asset management procedures - tagging assets, adding, removing, updating, inventories, etc
To be a good fit you will need:
· Experience of working in Desktop support role (2yrs+)
· Experience with infrastructure support e.g. switches, servers, patching, etc.
· Excellent working knowledge of MS Windows 10, 8, XP
· Strong Troubleshooting and Analytical skills as well as excellent multi-tasking abilities required.
· Experience in supporting and troubleshooting MS office applications.
· Some printer hardware knowledge
For your good work, you can expect:
· Permanent contract
· Salary €29,000
· Bonus structure
· Health insurance and pension
· 23 days of annual leave