My client is an international information technology services company. It carries automated transactional services, consulting, systems integration and managed services. My client focuses on business technology that powers progress and helps organisations to create their firm of the future. Responsible for the development and maintenance of network communications.
To apply for the Network Engineer role, please send your CV to Mark.keenan(a)solasit.ie or Call Mark on 01 6993439 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Network Engineer Role:
• Provide Level 2/3 support for the corporate network and customer network.
• IP routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast.
• Maintain up to date network diagram, standard, documentation for internal and external customers detailing configuration of deployed solutions.
• Network planning, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
• Install, document, implement and support of global converged network technologies.
• Resolve operational issues involving routers, switches in a multi-vendor environment.
Requirements for the Network Engineer Role:
• 3-4+ years’ experience in Layer 2 technologies, routing, and switching in an enterprise environment.
• Significant Cisco experience, Infrastructure/Networked environments with hardware (routers, switches, firewall, etc.), software (IOS, NX-OS), network security practices, designing, planning and implementing LAN-MA.
• Demonstrate proficiency with the provisioning and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN connectivity technologies.
• Drive operation excellence and growth of the company through strong skills and experience in data network technologies: OSPF, BGP, VRRP, MPLS, VPN, VLAN, Trunking, EtherChannel and QoS.
• Comprehensive hands on experience with LAN/WLAN/WAN technologies.
• Comprehensive hands on experience with Cisco routers, Catalyst switches, Cisco ASA 55xx security devices, Juniper SSR and Juniper SSG platforms.
• Enterasys knowledge would be beneficial.
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in IT with a certification, preferably CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP or equivalent Juniper Certifications.
• Knowledge of VMware.
Desirable Skills and Experience for the Network Engineer Role:
• Customer service oriented with an eager desire to interact with clients, staff, and management teams.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, with passionate attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritizing multiple objectives and initiatives.
• A desire and ease in establishing credibility with non-technical leaders via excellent communication skills and business acumen.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 3535 1699 3439)