My client based in Galway are a world leading technology company and are in operation in over 20 countries globally. They currently have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Security Software Engineer to join their Global Product Engineering Operations team to ensure that applications are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. The successful canddiate will participate in software security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews.
Develop organisation's security policies and procedures, based on customer requirements and legislation.
Set up software security scanning process and tools, (working with DevOps & Engineering teams).
Set up the Open Source scanning process and tools to monitor for license compliance and conflicts.
Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans.
Architect and evaluate security-focused tools and services.
Develop and deliver training materials and perform general security awareness and specific security technology training.
Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies.
Lead incident handling and respond to customer security audit requests.
Define and monitor implementation of a procedure for software libraries signatures, library encryption for distribution, and software licensing tools.
Liaison with legal department for developing new intellectual property and other policies, including privacy protection and apply best practices, such as for GDPR & software privacy rules.
* Computer Science Engineering/Master (or related field) degree.
* 5+ years of experience with security engineering, security protocols, cryptography, and application security
* Practical experience of software development in an engineering environment, with minimum of 3 years hands-on experience
* Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
* Expert in software vulnerability detection and correction and relevant tools
* Expert in Open Source Software usage, conflicts, and resolution;
* Knowledge of security standards and software security practices (particularly with embedded software on C/C++)
* Knowledge of steganography
* Knowledge of GDPR & software privacy rules
* Experience with anti-reversengineeering techniques
* Familiarity with Agile workflows
* Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
* Able to take initiative, takes personal ownership for achieving agreed results, delivering reliable and quality results in accordance with functional standards and expected time-frames
* Comfortable working with, and communicating clearly with, all levels of the organization from junior engineer up to executive management level.
* Excellent technical and conversational English skills
* Availability to travel as necessary
* Experience collaborating within large cross-functional groups to reach common understanding and agreement in a matrix organization.