C/C++ Software Engineer
This individual contributor engineering role will be responsible for software/firmware feature development, integration, testing, and maintenance to support the design and deployment of DOCSIS and Video products, both in custom designed embedded-hardware and in off-the-shelf server platforms (virtualised docker/container Linux environment).
• Serve as Technical team member for the Design and Development of products. Initial development focus would be derivative designs as well as functional and performance enhancements to the existing product.
• Independently resolve technical problems, initiating design changes and provide engineering support to assess customer needs and solve field issues.
• Generate required product development documentation including, but not limited to,
Functional Specifications and detailed design documents.
• Participate in source code control and software release activities as required.
• Interface with other departments to enable accomplishment of division and new product development objectives.
• Communicate project status, issues, and requirements both verbally and in writing
• Conduct technical presentations/demonstrations if necessary.
Perform other duties as required
Skills, Experience and Education:
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Engineering or equivalent. Master of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is preferred.
• Hands-on experience with IDE development tools and modern operating systems expected
• C/C++ programming and debugging knowledge is required (GNU development tools or other)
• knowledge of assembly language highly desirable (x86, ARM, MIPS, etc…)
• knowledge of modern scripting languages desirable ( Python, etc..)
• Experience with software version control desirable (git, svn, clearcase, etc..)
• Knowledge of programming for embedded environment, such as a System-On-Chip, is highly desirable.
• Especially knowledge of VxWorks and/or Linux within an embedded environment
• Knowledge of Real-time computing is highly desirable
• Knowledge of Modern Telecommunications technology is highly desirable
• Especially Internet-related networking protocols.
• Knowledge of programming for virtualized environments desirable.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Phil on 021 4911064 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!