SQL Server DBA - Dublin City Centre
My client, an innovative technical solutions company, are currently seeking to expand their award winning team by bringing on board a SQL Server DBA. There are infinite opportunities for progression here with many up skilling opportunities and training courses provided. You will be challenged here but will also progress very quickly. This is a place where talent and hard work are recognized and promotions are always made from within.
You will provide hands on support of large database, including, but not limited to, availability monitoring, security, general database maintenance, ETL, Backup/recovery, documentation and configuration. The company are making huge strides in their field so it is necessary to be an adaptable person who loves a challenge and is open to a fast paced, dynamic environment.
* Support the deployment, maintenance, and monitoring of the databases
* Provide hands-on support of large databases, including, but not limited to, availability monitoring, security, general database maintenance, ETL, backup/recovery, documentation, and configuration.
* Perform capacity planning for critical database resources, plan system expansions, and adjust architectures for future growth.
* Configure secure database access, manage access permissions, perform database restores, and execute failovers as needed.
* Collaborate with business and software teams to create/streamline/automate support processes.
* Follow incident response procedures and manage troubleshooting efforts as issues arise.
* Participate in periodic weekend maintenance rotation.
* A Bachelor's Degree in IT or similar
* 3+ years with MS SQL Server database administration
* Proficient with at least one common scripting language, such as Powershell.
* T-SQL experience
* Experience with identifying and resolving database bottlenecks and performance issues (SQL optimization).
* Experience following database best practices for performance, maintenance, and security.
* Experience with Azure or AWS a plus.
The Right person should have:
* A natural desire to bring order to IT systems and to automate processes
* A positive, customer-oriented, and energetic attitude
* An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
* A desire to work hard, be challenged in a fast-paced environment, and have fun while doing it.
This is a great opportunity for a junior or mid level Database administrator. You will learn from some of the best in the industry and receive tailored training and support to fast track your career. There is a great atmosphere with this company. As well as this, there is an amazing benefits package including: increased holidays after length of service, Private Medical Insurance with leading provider for employee and dependents, life assurance, market leading pension plan, certification reimbursement scheme, additional holiday purchase scheme, travel loan scheme and more!!
To hear more about this amazing opportunity please contact Eimear at Reperio on 015713000 for a confidential chat!
Reperio Human Capital Limited acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.