Java Tech Lead - Contract
6+ month contract
HUGE scope of work
Where to start with this one.. there is a huge amount of development heavy work to be done that will really suit a Senior developer seeking some higher level responsibilities.
You wear a number of different hats, predominantly a Senior Java Developer but also looking after technical architecture, system design, code reviews, junior developers etc.
The company are a large organisation who have multiple projects ongoing varying from microservices implementations to legacy upgrades. The ratio of hands on development to tech management is around 70:30 in favor of development.
* The company have a large new budget to introduce and implement new technology strategies
* Your opinion on technical direction is important, you will influence how to do things
* There's an engineering manager and two development managers who can look after the day to day managerial duties so you won't be too caught up in bureaucracy
* You will work on multiple projects ongoing at one time, there will always be something to keep you busy
* There is a very high chance of multiple contract extensions
* It's a pure backend role, you'll be focused on using Java, Spring, REST etc.
* It's a busy role, if you want finish your tickets and go home look elsewhere
* Its not 100% development role, you will have technical responsibility for other devs and have juniors seeking your advice
* There are some legacy projects being migrated (only a small amount of the role)
* For now the a lot of the role is based on Java8 but they are seeking to move to Java11 (Can you help?)
Desired Skills / Experience
* 8+ years Java development experience
* Fluent around the Spring framework
* Deep understanding of REST APIs and REST architectures
* Experience in a tech lead capacity / do code reviews / dealing with offshore devs is nice to have
* Experience with Messaging applications is nice to have - MQs, ESBs, JMS etc.
For more information get in contact with Ross Irwin at Reperio or click on the link to apply.
Reperio Human Capital Limited acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.