Head of Technical Operations
About this role
My client is seeking a strong people manager with background in the telecoms sector to lead their 24/7 support team. This role would suit a candidate who is first and foremost highly organised, but also has a background in working in Programming, Hardware, Networking, Cloud, Scripting, or Telecoms.
Ideally you'll have a blend of project management, people management, and technical experience in order to confidently tackle this position.
Role and responsibilities:
* You will manage a team of engineers, being responsible for their performance and development
* You'll provide technical direction to your team to ensure key metrics are met
* You'll be the point of contact between your team and key stakeholders within the business
* You'll work in an fast paced, agile environment
* You'll ensure your team resolves '000's of tickets daily.
* You'll continue to build your team, ensuring the organisation is filled with highly skilled, engaged engineers.
* You'll have deep technical experience in IT.
* 5 years+ managing high performing technical teams
* BSC/MSC in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field
* Experience in working in a busy 24/7 environment
* Excellent communication skills
* Proven development/mentoring/coaching experience
* Experience in the Telco sector preferable, however networking also beneficial.
To apply for this exciting Head of Technical operations role, please click on the apply link to learn more information. Please also refer to friends!
Keywords: infrastructure, telecoms, networks, cloud, management, people management, databases, hardware, operations, wan, storage, data