We have an immediate opportunity for a Infrastructure Engineer/Architect to join one of the largest organizations in the world on a contract basis. You will work in enterprise level environment. The Infrastructure Engineer/Architect will need to have excellent commercial experience.
To Apply send your CV via the link or Call Ryan on 01 2449531 for more or email ryan.wannenburg(at)solasconsulting.ie.
• Design, implement and manage scalable, maintainable, highly available network environments to meet business objectives and SLAs.
• Design, implement and manage all aspects of the business network, including switching, routing, firewall administration, and the enforcement of security policies, standards guidelines and procedures.
• Responsible for the acquisition, design, configuration, implementation, administration and capacity planning of all Infrastructure components within our Global network footprint.
• Identify, diagnose and resolve complex hardware, software and connectivity issues reported by team members, business unit managers and the IT operations team
• Proactivity and continuously monitor the health of all networks (LAN/WLAN/WAN/VPN/MPLS), security devices, power sources, Telco gear, DIA, voice circuits, bandwidth utilization, physical and virtual appliances as well as all supporting infrastructure to ensure continuous and uninterrupted availability of resources critical to the operational needs of the business.
• Respond rapidly to system outages, alerts and or any interruption in system services globally on an as needed basis to maintain the highest level of availability possible (SLA / Uptime > 99%)
• 5+ years relevant work experience supporting and maintaining highly available Enterprise computing environments.
• Architectural and hands on experience with redundant IP switching and routing architectures (802.1Q, 802.1d/loop prevention methodologies/LACP/Trunking, static/dynamic Routing/QoS/VoIP and associated technologies and protocols.
• Architectural and hands on experience with multi-vendor firewalls, security appliances, applications and terminology (Cisco/SonicWALL/Palo Alto/IDS/IPS/ACL’s/NAT polices/Security Zones/DPI/SPI/MFA/IDM etc.)
• Architectural and hands on experience with supporting VoIP and SIP based telephony solutions, SBC’s/Adtran/Sonus
• Implementation level knowledge and exposure to highly available Hypervisor based clustered environments and associated technologies and concepts (Hyper –V, vSphere, NIC teaming/bonding, SANs, disk subsystems, RAID groups, storage pools, LUN creation and expansion)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Exposure to one or more programming scripting languages.
• Advanced level understanding of network/internet protocols and technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC, VPN, VoIP, SIP, SNMP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, MPLS, BGP etc.)
• Ability to lift equipment approx. 50lbs
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)