Our client is one of the country’s largest software development organisations, they are currently looking for a QA Test Engineer to join their growing development team in Cork. If you would like to be considered please send your cv via the link or call Ryan on 01 2449531 for more info.
Responsibilities of the QA Engineer:
• Create comprehensive Test Cases that cover all aspects of functionality in a Web based application.
• Work closely with the Development team on a daily basis to ensure timely resolution of defects.
• Execute System Test plans and Regression Test plans within agreed timescales and standards.
• Test complex areas of Web based application(s) and use business knowledge to determine if functionality is correct.
• Investigate and document defects in a defect-tracking system and verify resolution to ensure prompt closure of all defects.
• Ensure that all assigned Development Test tasks are run to agreed schedules and to an acceptable level of quality.
• Clearly articulate and communicate project testing status, and red/yellow flags, which might interfere with the achievement of project milestones.
• Contribute to the creation of functional, regression, performance and load/stress test suites and adhere to the test methodologies used within the company.
• Assist in the day-to-day Test team functions in an Agile Development environment.
• Must have 3+ years of Manual Software Test experience.
• Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
• Experience in the use of Defect Tracking tools like Microsoft TFS.
• Experience testing browser applications preferred.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)