itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Testing and Application Support Engineer with 3+ years' experience.
The successful candidate will be working in a face paced environment based onsite with our high profile client in Cavan. This is an initial contract role with the possibility to extend further or become a permanent position.
Our client is looking for a candidate who will be responsible for the ongoing support and testing of IT applications. You will take the ownership of Applications from the Development Team and support these Applications in the production environments.
* Application support
* Application packaging and integration
* Testing of desktop applications
* Identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
* Coordinate with business testers in advance of deployments
* Maintain strong change control and ensure all changes are documented and communicated
* Ensure all applications developed internally or purchased are adequately tested prior to implementation thus ensuring continuance of business without interruption
* Assist in the development, installation and administration of IT applications
* Maintain a strong level of knowledge of supported IT applications
* Maintain documentation of existing applications
* Liaise with third party suppliers of IT applications at technical level
* Proven technical knowledge in support and testing applications
* Strong analytical skills
* Excellent communicator - shares clear and appropriately detailed information
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to resolve issues and identify root causes
* Third Level degree or equivalent with minimum of 3 years' experience
* Knowledge of Insurance industry would be an advantage
* Experience of Java or RPG would be an advantage
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Michal in itContracting directly (+353 1 4396811 or Michal at itContracting dot ie)
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.