Aspira is currently looking for 2 x Senior SharePoint Developers to join us on a contract basis in Dublin, Ireland.
The initially 6-month project in central Dublin is focused on the migration of SharePoint 2010 site collections to SharePoint 2016.
Other requirements include:
- Remediate and validate complex site collections post migration.
- Complex site collections interact with external data or services; have complex workflows, data models, web parts, custom code, third party components etc.
- Assess suitable replacements for deprecated areas or third party components that are not available for SharePoint 2016.
- Reverse engineer legacy sites & components that may not be well documented.
- Upgrade existing farm solutions from .NET framework 2.0 to 4.6.
- Perform system tests on migrated site collections before hand over to Quality Assurance.
- Support Quality Assurance analysts during project test cycles.
- Support User Acceptance test cycles.
- Participate in Daily stand up and wider team communication meetings.
- Advise Delivery team on SharePoint 2016 development best practices.
- Work on all peripheral tasks of the SDLC including time and task reporting, unit testing, application of Code standards, code reviews, documentation etc.
Candidates should have previous SharePoint 2010 to 2016 migration experience.
Other key requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years development experience.
- SharePoint migration experience (2010-2013/2016) at an enterprise level.
- In-depth knowledge of SharePoint architecture and features.
- Experience of SharePoint migration tool Share-Gate.
- Experience of workflow tools, especially Nintex & SharePoint designer.
- Strong knowledge and previous experience working with .NET 2.0 - 4.6.
- Strong knowledge and previous experience using SharePoint Client Object Model in .NET code.
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in common Microsoft development tools & languages (Visual Studio, TFS, VB, C#, ASP.NET).
- Previous experience with SSIS desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in SharePoint development and design.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to show initiative and work without supervision.
Excellent rates, start January 2019.