With over seven million members, our client is the UK’s leading cashback site. They offer online and in-store cashback, a cashback comparison tool, and a one-of-a-kind mobile app.
In addition to online cashback, their card-linked platform has grown to become the largest in the UK and they are also firmly embedded as a leader in the grocery rewards market and the travel market.
Their team made up of over 100 staff members in Sheffield, London, and Berlin prides itself on delivering an exceptional experience for both our members and retailers.
As an Android Developer you will:
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Comfortable working in cross-functional teams
- Good knowledge of writing and carrying out Unit tests
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Perform as an ambassador for the business during office visits and external events
You must have
- Experience Creating multilingual and multi-variant applications
- Experience with RxJava and RxAndroid
- Experience with OOP and design patterns
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins or similar
- 3+ years of object oriented software development
- Contributed to at least one published native Android application
- Demonstrated strengths in Java, Kotlin and the Android SDK
- Google Play services and Android support libraries
- Interacting directly with the Gradle build system
- Producing apps that support as many devices as possible; degrading gracefully where required
- Demonstrated understanding of Google’s Material Design and Android Design Principles
- Confident with an IDE suitable for Android development; such as Android Studio or Intellij
- Working with Agile methodologies including Scrum and KanBan
- Consuming REST services in Android applications
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Secure coding practices
- Using version control systems within teams (such as GIT)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by clicking the button below…better yet, if you have 2mins to complete our “Pre-Screen Survey” please do so, it will save a lot of your time in the process :)
A lot of candidates we speak to hate repeating themselves to recruiters, over and over again, saying the same info. However, us recruiters need your information to make an informed decision as to whether the job opportunity is right for you – we have come up with a solution to eliminate this.
Don’t worry, your information is safe with us. We will never share your data with any third party without your full prior written permission. Alternatively, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch soon. Thank you.