Our client based in Sligo are looking for a Senior Front-End Developer to join their team. You will be working with React and Node.JS for continuous deployment and integration. You will have a direct impact on our homepage that 25 million customers per day interact with. You will work within a culture of technical autonomy, and you will have the opportunity to focus on dynamic content development based on personalization. You will work cross-functionally with machine learning and consumer data teams to create a meaningful experience for each customer.
Who You Are:
You are an expert at using your creativity and resourcefulness to drive projects forward with little direction. You are deeply passionate about building new features, consistently researching the latest front-end technologies. You are a team-player who excels at detailed communication.
What You Will Do:
• Work collaboratively with different development and QA teams to code HTML/CSS mockups, test, and verify projects through development process.
• Oversee site optimization for SEO, cleaner and concise code, and code weight.
• Act as liaison between the creative department, NOC, and IT, addressing issues as they arise.
• Update internal documentation when new tools are available for designers to use as well as distribute the information to web designers and their managers.
• Create reusable HTML and CSS modules.
• Consume backend services to display content & data via handlebars/ReactJS templates and processes.
• Contribute to front end build process using web pack.
• Oversee deployment of production code
• Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
• Follow legal policies as directed.
What You Should Have:
• 5+ years of professional website coding experience
• A passion for clean semantic markup that demonstrates attention to detail.
• A solid understanding UI Design, Usability, and Accessibility.
• Awesome CSS skills, with full understanding of specificity and cascade.
• Knowledge of and/or experience with how to whip IE11 into submission and tame any other browser inconsistencies that pop up.
• An ability to work swiftly under pressure to create pages, wireframes, and fix bugs.
• A passion for web standards.
What We Hope You Have:
• Knowledge and skill in front end MVC frameworks such as AngularJS, React, and Backbone JS are a major plus.
• Knowledge and skill using Node.js, Docker and CI/CD principles are a plus.
• Experience working with remote/international teams a plus.
• B.S./B.A. Computer Science or related field experience
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!