Junior PL/SQL Developer
My client, one of Ireland's top insurance companies, is seeking a junior PL/SQL developer to join the expanding IT team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and maintenance of mission critical applications.
You will report to the Oracle Technical Lead and will be involved in the customization of the policy administration system.
You will be on a team that is charged with building new insurance products, with a small amount of maintenance on existing products.
There are big plans for expansion and a vast range of exciting new projects to get stuck into at this company! You will work in a dynamic environment where every day brings new challenges!
* Work on a variety of complex projects which will require you to have both depth and breadth of knowledge in a number of technologies.
* Participate on projects, clarifying the business requirements, performing systems analysis, development and modification activities as well as some maintenance activities.
* You will be assisting in the planning sessions with the business users and key stakeholders to analyze business requirements, and provide design recommendations.
* Write concise and clear technical specifications based on analysis of complex business requirements.
* Experience of a source code management tool - SVN or similar
* 2+ years' experience in PL/SQL Development
* Experience working in both Windows & Linux environments.
* Experience in projects though which multiple systems are integrated, including design and implementation of high-level and detailed project plans
* Knowledge of Scrum (XP) or Agile working practices.
* Knowledge and experience in Oracle ADF an advantage
* Exposure to object-oriented theory & concepts
* Insurance industry experience would be beneficial.
* You should be a motivated self starter
* You should have great communication skills
* You should be a team player
There will be endless scope to grow and develop your career in a company who want to develop the team from within. If you are keen to progress your career to the next level then this is the company for you!
This is a great opportunity to be part of a team that has a real family feel to it. There is also a market leading salary and great benefits package available including bonus, generous pension scheme and free lunches!
To discuss this great opportunity further, call Reperio and ask for Eimear on 015713000.
Reperio Human Capital Limited acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.