Job Title: Desktop Support Engineer – Level 2
Experience: 4 years+
Salary: Dependent on experience
Duties & Responsibilities
· Working closely with customers and suppliers to deliver solutions for their ICT requirements you will need to be adaptive in your approach and call on the supporting team within PFH Technology.
· As part of this team you will be responsible for monitoring customer’s infrastructure
· You will be responsible for identifying issues and taking preventative action to ensure business continuity for our customer base.
· In addition to this you will be a point of escalation for Level 1 engineers, working with the support team to ensure all issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.
· The range of products includes but is not limited to Microsoft, HP, IBM, Cisco, Symantec, Citrix and VMWare.
Attributes of the Candidate
• Energetic self-starter with a positive/flexible attitude.
• Solution orientated with very good problem-solving skills.
• Ability to communicate at all levels (verbal and written).
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities.
• Attention to detail.
Skills and Experience Required
· A minimum of 4 years of experience in desktop support or similar
· Desktop Support- supporting, troubleshooting Active Directory & Group Policy
· Desktop & Remote Admin- Administering
· Supporting all levels of Windows Server from 2003 to 2012
· Knowledge of Microsoft Technologies, including Exchange 2010 and Server 2008
· Providing Hardware and software support to our Enterprise customers
· Daily support for all backup related issues ensuring a timely resolution
· Consulting with 3rd party companies when issues needed to be escalated
· Working with all levels of Windows OS from Windows 7 to 8.1
· Working with 3rd level support on projects which include Office 365.
· Successfully helping users to migrate to Office 365 and solving any related problems
ABOUT PFH TECHNOLOGY GROUP
Founded in 1985, PFH is Ireland’s leading, indigenous Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Solutions Provider, supplying ICT based business solutions to our wide range of clients. We are also the largest, independent provider of infrastructure services and the most experienced end-to-end provider of voice, data and IT services.
Our client base, of almost 1,500 organisations is served from our offices in Dublin, Cork, Galway and Belfast. We employ in excess of 200 people including a strong sales team and over 100 highly skilled technology professionals.
Operating at the leading edge requires us to continuously ensure that we have a highly skilled pool of sales talent employed to deliver the most comprehensive range of ICT based business solutions for our clients. We also have key relationships with the world’s leading technology companies, including HP, Microsoft, Siemens, Citrix and VMWare.