itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Senior Security Engineer. This is a permanent position based with our client, a global financial services company, in South Dublin.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Senior Security Engineer your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
* Execute on assigned projects and staff projects and report on status to key stakeholders
* Plan, analyse and design global security systems including network monitoring, intrusion detection and prevention, identity management, access control, mobile device management and data protection. Initiate upgrades to security systems as necessitated by technology availability and maturity, security gaps, emerging threats, business risk and needs, and cost effectiveness.
* Serve as a primary security contact for projects during the planning, analysis, and design phases of projects. Provide IT security technology and process guidance for the business.
* Serve as a project manager for enterprise tool implementations, maintain and distribute timely and accurate project updates, monitor project budget, ensure timely delivery against project timelines.
* Provide subject matter expertise on key technologies in use within the IT environment.
* Enhance the Security Group's and reputation by maintaining personal networks with other IT and business unit's suppliers and vendors; participating in professional organisations and acquiring professional certifications; accepting ownership for tasks; providing noticeable business valuable beyond technical security consultation.
Skills & Experience
As a Senior Security Engineer your skills and qualifications will include:
* 5+ years' experience working in a global IT environment in a systems integration or deployment & engineering role.
* Intermediate to Advanced security technology experience
* Intermediate understanding of information security architecture
* Network Security and Endpoint Security Skills
* Project management skills and ability to manage information security project delivery
* Experience with working across business unit and geographical boundaries to engage team members required
* Proven ability to deliver projects
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to work with external vendors and service providers
* Experience and interest in a variety of technology areas
* Strong understanding of technologies outside of security is required
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Marta Hoppe ( +353 83 059 7338 or marta dot hoppe at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.