Senior Software Engineer
• Work as part of a global, cross-functional team to develop innovative software for organisation stakeholders.
• Contribute to projects by creating well-designed, customized, testable, efficient code for organisation platforms.
• Assist our teams in providing ongoing support, troubleshooting, improvements, or custom enhancements to existing organisation platforms.
• Occasionally participate in on-call rotations and/or provide after-hours support.
• Collaborate with our global teams, internal stakeholders and customers.
• Act as a subject matter expert for junior team members.
• Daily review of our non-production nightly cycle with appropriate investigation of root cause and impact
• Identify and implement improvements to the cycle with the long-term plan of running the entire cycle in under 2 hours
• Refine and improve processes and documentation within the company nightly batch job scheduler – error checking / restart ability / documentation on restarts – reruns – force completes / documentation on impact
• Identify process improvements for cycle validation, transaction error threshold settings
Skills Experience and Qualifications:
• 2+ years of software development and relevant insurance/company experience or 5+ years of software development experience.
• Degree in technology, business, finance, accounting or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Relevant industry certifications (examples: Oracle Certified Associate/Professional) preferred.
• Knowledge and experience working in the insurance industry.
• Proven track record and ability to develop software solutions in Oracle, SQL Server, UNIX, C#, VB.net, Java, or similar languages
• Advanced knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, SQL performance tuning, and relational database concepts.
• Knowledge of UNIX shell scripting, UNIX utilities, bash, ksh.
• Batch Job Scheduler (e.g. Atomic UC4, Control-M), DEVOPS, or production support experience preferred.
• Experience with large databases & data structures, UNIX administration, Web Services, JBoss, Angular JS or Java preferred.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Phil on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!