Deskside Support Engineer (Level 2)
12-month Fixed Term Contract (Ringaskiddy, Cork)
Job Reference: BBBH14577
Our client is a very high-profile multinational technology company with a significant presence in Ireland.
Right now, they require an experienced Deskside Support (Level 2) engineer to work onsite with one of their key Pharmaceutical clients in the Cork region.
This will be a minimum 12-month FTC (however, there may be an opportunity to extend).
This is a customer-focused, Level 2 Desktop role supporting end users on site. Suitable applicants must be technically competent with excellent communication skills (written and spoken).
Provide level 2 Deskside Support to a major 400+ site.
* Monitor ticket management system - working to respond/resolve/escalate/close support tickets in accordance with the Service Level Agreement.
* Provide 1st and 2nd level desktop/laptop/peripheral support
* Provide support for onsite "walk-in Service Centre" (Installs, Break/fix, Refresh, Training Rooms, Conference Rooms/AV Support etc.)
* Troubleshoot Office Software Issues (able/available to support common software issues within the Office Suite
* Support Wireless office environment)
* Participate in Project based assignments when required
* Document and keep processes and procedures up to date
* Provide support for Training Room environment
* Maintain switched small network environments
* Be able to troubleshoot/diagnose WLAN Issues and escalate to 2nd/3rd Level Support (if required)
* Stock asset management tasks (including managing deliveries, stock taking audits, end to end management of hard drive process, LDO management, surplus and EOL stock, peripheral management etc.)
* Provide support to the end-to-end process of the Asset Management function locally
* Able/willing to do manual handling (as role requires)
Skills / Qualifications (Essential):
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar position (essential)
* Previous experience with Cisco kit is essential. (i.e. Cisco CAT OS & CAT IOS Switches and Routers (small/medium & large switches)
* Excellent customer facing skills
* Excellent hardware knowledge
* Experience in Refresh/Rollout activity
* Proficient knowledge of Windows OS (WIN 10, 8.1, 7) and Microsoft Office suite
* Full Clean Driving License (essential)
* Manual Handling
Apply today for more information:
Submit your CV (in a Microsoft Word format) today!
Perhaps this role didn't fully fit your criteria, not to worry - we have many similar roles advertised on our website - www.allenrec.com
Please don't hesitate to contact any of our team with any questions you may have on Email: or Phone: +353 1 6694040