Senior Software Support Engineer - Limerick
Our client, an excellent global SaaS company, is looking for a Senior Software Support Engineer to join their Technical Support team in Limerick.
Do you have a background in database development and administration? Do you have experience with development using the Microsoft stack? If so, we would like to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
You will work as a senior technical resource within the Support organization. You will work closely with our Tier 1 Technical Support Analysts to resolve recurring systemic issues and perform root cause analysis. You will work directly with clients and other team members to resolve incidents ranging from troubleshooting SQL Server performance issues, analyzing views & stored procedures, and performing minor project work for the ERP solutions.
* Address and resolve incoming application questions and incidents from end users
* Document all pertinent end user identification information in our CRM database
* Ability to perform root-cause analysis on recurring system issues
* Record, track, and document the problem-solving process
* Participate in after-hours on call rotation
* Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure adequate resolution of issues
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
* Strong troubleshooting skills with a high level of self-reliance to resolve complex technical problems
* Current Microsoft certifications in SQL Server and Windows Server product lines a plus
* Basic networking, user administration, and T-SQL scripting skills required
* Experience with Microsoft SQL, SAP Crystal Reports, SQL Reporting Services, and the Windows Server product line are ideal