A company that works in the Transport Industry, providing support for various different sectors, is looking to hire an Application support technician and implementation. This is a customer facing role that requires a “can do” attitude from the candidate. The role requires the candidate to support and implement software at customer sites, either remotely or onsite.
Working with the team, the Application support technician and implementation will be responsible for deploying software solutions for new and existing customers. Answering technical support queries and providing the customer with the best level of service, delivering upon their expectations.
This role will present advancement opportunities for the right candidate, in project management, consulting and business analysis.
Previous technical experience is required, however if you have a talent for installing and configuring software, then you may be what we are looking for. This role is suitable for a candidate with ambition and a desire for success.
Responsibilities of the Application support technician and implementation:
• Deploying software for new and existing customers.
• Training and educating customers in the use of and best practice of the software. Providing technical support when you are not deploying software.
• Production of training material in the form of videos, web pages and documentation.
• Participating in the QA roles of the organisation to ensure that procedures are followed for release and version control. Utilise the various systems within the organisation to document and control your work assignments.
• Participate in weekly team communications, to learn about the ambitions of the business and the goals it is working towards. Conduct yourself professionally, with integrity and respect for your fellow team members.
Required for the Application support technician and implementation role:
• Good IT back ground and skills supporting Windows Server, Windows 10 and 7. Some SQL Server experience required.
• Knowledge of SQL queries required. Knowledge of IIS 7 an advantage.
• Microsoft Certified qualifications an advantage.
• Full driving licence and own vehicle an advantage.
• Willing to travel (domestic and maybe some international)
• Fluent English a requirement.
• Excellent telephone skills.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367381)