Evros Technology Group are seeking applications for an experienced Network Engineer required for a busy managed services environment, working within the ITIL framework, governed by ISO 20000, and servicing a broad range of customers across a wide range of technologies. This is a permanent position based in Waterford.
* Escalation point for other ICT teams
* Support, configure and install various network devices and services
* Maintain and improve documentation of customers' network environments
* Develop a performance monitoring system to monitor availability and reliability
* Provide Level 2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve technical issues
* Work within change management policies to ensure success of changes
* Select and implement security tools, policies and procedures as appropriate
* Lead vendors and other IT teams to resolution
Essential skills and experience
* Cisco CCNP certification
* >3 years' relevant experience at CCNP level
* Experience supporting and configuring a range of network devices and technologies (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS, etc.)
* Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
* Experience of Enterprise Networking and Data Centre Environments
* Experience conducting network audits
* Decisive, dynamic and capable of delivering to a high standard despite constraints that may be in place
* Conscientious, trustworthy and capable of organizing and delivering on tasks with little direction
* Strong troubleshooting and communications skills are an absolute necessity
* Capable of adjusting their approach for the varied customers supported
* Process oriented with great attention to detail
* When you're working on a task, teammates and customers say: 'It's OK, they've got it'
* Mobile phone
* Free parking
* Travel expenses
* Training and development
* Health insurance
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Paul Evans ( +353 1 2187769 or paul dot evans at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.