CCIE Network Specialist – R&S / Security / Cisco ISE ansible / python
We are currently looking to hire Cisco network engineers for permanent positions based in Dublin Citywest HQ. The successful candidates will join a dynamic organisation working within a team of 30+ engineers across Ireland.
- Assists in the planning, implementation, identification and testing of network systems of high complexity.
- Designs, tests and establishes protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network test methodologies and makes recommendations for improvement
- Lead the delivery of network solutions including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other network hardware appliances.
- Responsible for implementation of network architecture, design and testin
- Planning and executing complex Network Upgrade and Network Migration activiti
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Reviewing network requirements and producing high and low-level network designs
- Reviewing customer implementation and change management plans
- Supporting the delivery of services to our customers
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and develops and implements approved methods of procedure.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have at least 7 years of experience designing, deploying, and implementing core route/switch and/or data center networks in accordance with industry best practices
- Experience with logical network design models (L2/L3, WAN, Network Optimization, Spanning tree, VFR, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
- Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS, PfR, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec).
- Experience with Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine), as well as Trustsec desired.
- Working technical knowledge of advanced Layer 2 technologies (LISP and VXLAN)
- Strong knowledge IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, Frame Relay, DMVPN, WAAS and MPLS).
- Network Management tools such as Cisco LMS/NCS/WCS
- Configuration management of networking devices using automation tools (DNA Center, APIC-EM, Cisco Prime) and API scripting with Python and/or Ansible.
- Certifications in CCNP, CCIE R&S and/or Data Center Preferred.
- Experience with Large-scale WAN deployments preferred. Knowledge or experience with Nexus 7K/5K/2K is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with Nexus 9K and ACI is a plus, as well as other SDN solutions, such as VMWare NSX, and Arista
- Knowledge or experience F5 load balancing, Palo Alto technologies, Cisco UCS, or Cisco MDS is a plus.
- 3 or more years' experience working in the WAN (Wide Area network) is desired.
- Willingness for ongoing certification and training in different areas of specialisation Eg. Routing and Switching / Wireless / Security / Data Centre.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Related degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or seven to ten years equivalent network engineering experience.
- Car owner
- Cisco Certifications, CCIE preferred, CCNP required.
- Ongoing certification and training in different areas of specialisation will be available Eg. Routing and Switching / Wireless / Collaboration / Security / Data Centre specialisations.
- 3rd level qualification in IT (or equivalent experience)