Snr Mechanical Engineer
As a key member of the hardware team the candidate is responsible for combining engineering, testing and a relentless pursuit of creating the best products that are sold around the world in all Gaming categories (Mice, keyboards, mobile gaming, steering wheels, headsets, Simulators).
• As a key member the team you will be responsible for the delivery of mechanical product designs for Gaming products, from the Product Front End through product development and into successful mass production in the Far East.
• You will also contribute to innovation and technology programs to enable Gaming product evolution.
• Develop user-centric gaming products and participate in the development of User Experience (UX) research to develop customer-focused products.
• Develop product architectures and new technology concepts.
• Build proof of concepts including function, manufacturability, and robustness.
• Ensure high quality robust design of complex mechanical systems and components using tools such as dFMEA, QFD and FEA simulation.
• Work with Industrial Designers, and product development teams to define and develop products from concept to Mass Production.
• Detailed 3D design and 2D documentation of all parts and assemblies.
• Interacting with vendors as well as internal Manufacturing, supply Chain, NPI and Supplier Quality Engineering groups in the Far East to develop manufacturing processes, tooling.
• Continuous improvement/advancement of Engineering capabilities.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
• 6-8 years experience in mechanical development of high volume consumer electronic products.
• Detailed knowledge of plastics, metal, injection moulding and tooling.
• Strong knowledge in Electro-Mechanical design and implementation.
• Fluent in Pro/Engineer or similar 3D CAD package including Advanced Surfacing.
• Strong knowledge in ANSYS simulation software.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Phil on 021 4911064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
For more information on Collins McNicholas, contact one of our six branches across Ireland in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Sligo, Athlone, Limerick.