IT Support desk Engineer
Privately owned and operated Irish software and services company providing innovative technologies used by legal firms, accountants and professional services.
Background to the role:
The company are currently going through a significant period of growth and looking to add a level 1 support engineer to their busy support team.
Job summary and purpose:
• You will be required to diagnose and resolve level 1 support issues by phone, email & using our remote login software within a timely manner and to demonstrate technical expertise and exceptionally good customer service skills.
• You may be required to attend onsite to resolve issues or conduct installations
• Analyze customer problems and formulate plans of resolution.
• Assist in identifying resolution gaps at the Support desk and author knowledge base submissions accordingly.
• Assist in evaluating new services, processes and technologies introduced at the Support desk.
• Participate in departmental training activities including training programs in support of new technologies, procedures, and customer service enhancements
• Work with departmental staff to promote, develop, and maintain high standards of customer service.
• Escalate unresolved issues to relevant support levels.
The ideal candidate:
• At least 1 to 1.5 years’ proven experience within a Support desk role
• Fluent English Language Skills: Able to communicate with customers on a day to day basis via telephone, email & chat services and is able to ensure they are dealt with in a timely manner.
• Able to quickly build rapport with customers, colleagues and management
• Candidates should have a high level of motivation and focus on their daily tasks
• Candidates are encouraged to seek out opportunities within the business
• Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they can work in a target driven environment where incidents must be managed within specific SLA’s
• Demonstrate IT competencies in the following areas;
Microsoft desktop software and applications, Backup & recovery technology (local/cloud)
Office 365 / Azure Cloud, Systems Administration (Active Directory, Group Policy)
Hardware (PCs, laptops, printers/scanners, mobile devices), AV/Anti-Spam/Filtering Software