IT Search are working as exclusive recruitment and talent partners for a leading American Fortune 500 global healthcare technology group HQ'd in North Dublin.
We’re appointing a team of “Data Analytics Engineers’ i.e. ‘Big Data Analytics Developers’ - to work on very future focused tech stack to drive their data driven solutions forward (note - there's no BI reporting or data visualisation herein - this is a high end data engineering team & there is another team who can support on those layers)
- This group is a leading brand in the world of healthcare ICT and data solutions (back end and diagnostic) - with a particular focus on imaging utilising data at scale!
- Your role will be to take a key role in a specialist agile scrum team to deliver and support analytics engineering solutions across the business.
- Reporting to the Analytics Engineering Manager you'll help to conceptualise and design new solutions, to ultimately implement and deliver those solutions - as the first data analytics engineering team in this business in their European HQ.
- This group have a heavily embedded client base in healthcare across Ireland and the UK and continue to grow across Europe.
If you're keen to work on truly big data, the hottest cloud tools (AWS, Google Cloud etc.) in a Spark, Hadoop, Hive style environment - read on!Interviews taking place in November
- Translate business needs to technical specifications.
- Evaluate and improve upon existing BI solutions.
- Define application design by analysing requirements and architectural constraints; help define system behaviors supporting the requested features.
- Design and develop software in all layers (front-end, mid-tier, server side) as needed. Identify design methodologies and patterns to be used throughout the product development phases.
- Development and execution of test cases, and development and execution of automated tests covering tests at the unit, contract, system and performance levels.
- Participate in identifying the toolsets and the development environments as needed.
- Participate in the technology selection process, performing research and prototyping related to the technologies that have the potential to satisfy specific product requirements and/or development needs.
- Provides input for the build/buy decision process in this area
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses.
- Collaborates with the other team members throughout the development lifecycle, including working closely with members from different functional groups such as Product Management, Support, Services and Sales
- Supports the release effort and helps troubleshoot and correct post-deployment issues
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Accepts ownership for taking on new problems and challenges and proactively explores opportunities to add value to the overall software development effort within the organization
- Education (degree in computer science or similiar)
- 4+ years of experience in data engineering or analytics software development
- You'll have a background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
- Experience with RBDMS, NoSQL databases, JS object notation, DTO design and use.
- Experience of Big Data technologies (E.g.: Hadoop, Spark, Hive and Amazon Web Services)
- Experience in strong type languages (E.g.: C++, Java, C#, Go)
- Experience in dynamic languages (E.g.: Scala, Java script, Python)
- Understanding of agile principals and experience in working as part of an Agile team
Nice to have... (by no means essential)
- Experience of working with cloud based analytics soultions would be an asset
- Knowledge of BI Stack(s) (Tibco, Microsoft, Qlikview, Tableau) is an advantage
- Knowledge of ISO, FDA Quality System Regulation and CMMI standards and regulations an asset
- Knowledge of DICOM, HL7 - standards in ICT in healthcare tech
- Experience with development of Medical Devices
- Experience working in the Healthcare domain or with Healthcare data would be an asset (however not essential)
- Excellent salary - healthcare, pension, food provided at work, life assurance, bonus structure, cycle to work, health and wellness allowance etc.
Application - apply now with CV or quick apply and I'll be in touch!
Adrian Clarke is Head of Analytics Recruitment at IT Search. Your application will be handled in strictest confidence & we will be happy to advise you on your career & direction in data analytics, data science, data services, data technology or digital analytics.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer however you must be eligible to work and live in Ireland
www.itsearch.ie | firstname.lastname@example.org | Ph.: +353(0)871146347