I.T. Alliance Group is a leading provider of IT outsourcing and IT managed service solutions for global IT service providers. As part of the IT Alliance organization you will work directly on a client site working closely with the in-house team to provide the best possible technical service and customer experience that the client requires. As an organization we offer all our employees access to an online training platform, career progression and a supportive environment.
Within this Deskside Support Engineer role you will be work across multiple client sites in Cork providing cover for team members while on leave as well as acting as an additional resource when projects dictate. You will gain great exposure to client sites and multiple technologies and environments. The role is heavily customer focused and main responsibilities would involve on the spot troubleshooting.
Your duties will include:
· Providing technical support to Client users deskside and phone support
· Effective diagnosis & troubleshooting of Win 7/8/10, MS Office 2010 – Office 365
· Active Directory users and computers management,
· Effective diagnosis & troubleshooting on hardware; desktops, laptops, local/network printers and applications
· Imaging of laptops and desktops and encryption and installation of same
· Network troubleshooting & diagnosis of net cards, net points & network.
· Installation & Configuration of hardware, OS & PC products supported applications
· Resolve customer issues using the tools and systems available and update call and user databases as required.
· Provide Training Room support in relation to the setup of ICT equipment in training rooms.
· Management of Citrix FOB, 3G device deployment and troubleshooting.
· Setup of PDA / iPad / iPhone / Blackberry /Smart phone USB as covered by IMACs.
· Invoke escalation procedure both technical & non-technical in a prompt and timely manner.
· Daily backup checks and tape management
· Software deployment
· Citrix Terminal Services troubleshooting
· Strong knowledge of hardware and software is essential
· Windows 7/8/10
· MS Office 2010 / 2016 / Office 365
· Networking technologies (WAN/LAN) & understanding of networking protocols.
· Knowledge of service desk Call Logging Tools.
· Experience with encryption tools.
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
· On site hours between 7am – 7pm (8 hours per day)
· HP printer maintenance experience desirable
· Webjetadmin (HP) experience desirable
Full working rights within Ireland are required to fulfil this position.