Software Development Manager
Our client is a multinational SaaS company. They provide solutions that enable businesses to overcome challenges related with managing and improving the productivity of their workforce, by extracting actionable business intelligence from real-time and historical data. As the Software Development Manager, you will require extensive hands on experience working on enterprise level projects. The Software Development Manager will have a high level of technical experience and be an influencer and decision maker in architecture, design and delivery decisions.
Excellent Salary and benefits on offer.
Requirements for the Software Development Manager role:
• 5+ years proven experience in a Software Development Management role in a .Net environment.
• Excellent OOP knowledge and experience in .NET 4+ & Angular 2 a distinct advantage.
• Experience with large scale SQL and NoSQL technologies.
• Experience in measuring and improving performance of production systems.
• Experience of leading multiple development teams in parallel.
• Excellent knowledge and experience of modern software development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/Lean/XP), including Sizing, Estimation, Velocity, Burn-down charts, Burn-up charts, Cycle Times, Cumulative Flow, Pair Programming, BDD, TDD.
• Experience in highly scalable, highly available platforms.
• Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery & Automation.
Responsibilities of the Software Development Manager:
• Build high performing teams of innovative software professionals by mentoring, coaching and developing internal talent and recruiting industry top talent.
• Develop, maintain and improve our delivery processes and systems.
• Champion innovation across the organisation.
• Drive efficiency in the team to maximise customer value and minimise waste.
• Work with internal resources to scope development projects, including deliverables, timelines and budgets etc.
• Lead architecture and technical designs reviews.
• Lead the team through a transition to Continuous Delivery, driving automation of build, deployment and test.
• Provide direction to direct and indirect reports in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving company initiatives.
• Provide recommendations and assist in determining which projects to prioritise and make the trade-off between technical debt and new functionality.
• Drive down the cycle time from idea to customer value.
• Implement technical strategy and govern across various development teams.
• Ensure appropriate engineering resourcing is in place to deliver the business needs.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)