Lead Infrastructure Engineer required for permanent position by international market-leader in IFSC, Dublin city centre. The successful Lead Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of storage architecture in a new datacentre and assist a local team with the support of EMEA wide IT systems. These include server hardware and software, virtualisation, storage systems, backup / DR and LAN / WAN comms. Candidates should have experience in Storage technologies, Hyper-V virtualisation and Active Directory.
Offering a mix of Low Level Design and "hands-on" engineering you will work closely with a geographically dispersed IT management team in a rapidly growing company.
Why would you be interested?
- Salary circa €80,000
- Excellent benefits package including health insurance, pension, bonus
- City centre location
What will you do?
- Infrastructure planning, implementation and maintenance
- Architect and implement highly available and stable inter-datacentre solutions
- Oversee the development, management and support of data communications technology
- Manage Windows Server environment
- Work with the Risk Management team to ensure backup and Disaster Recovery objectives can be met.
- Collaborate with the IT Security team to help design and support IT Security systems.
- Plan and implement infrastructure for new systems, new offices, and system upgrades.
- Develop and maintains technical documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Oversee systems capacity and performance checks
- Assists in the resolution of operational issues where required.
- Monitor performance and capacity metrics across the infrastructure to optimise performance and prevent downtime.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and implement fixes accordingly.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual IT budget
What do you need?
- 5+ years experience in a similar role - IT Manager, Storage Architect, SAN Consultant, Senior Systems Administrator
- SAN / Storage experience
- Datacentre networking experience
- Experience working with HPE ProLiant servers, 3PAR SANs, and Cluster Extension (CLX) software.
- Strong Windows Server including Active Directory
- Virtualisation (Hyper-V)
- Professional certifications an advantage - CCNP, MCSE, HPE ASE, etc.
For more info contact Wes in IT Search on 015079281 or Apply Today.