A company that digitizes validation for Life Sciences is looking to hire a Systems Administrator to join their expanding team. The work may involve occasional weekend work and periodic travel to the Disaster Recovery site.
Responsibilities of the Systems Administrator:
• Administration and configuration of the company domain and network
• Configuration and monitoring of internal systems to ensure integrity and availability of all systems
• Centralised Security Management console monitoring and management
• Management of all backup services including daily backup and managed cloud backups.
• Perform recovery testing (DR & BC) according to the relevant DR & BC planned schedules.
• Maintenance of threat management systems including monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
• Management of company mail system and accounts.
• Purchased Hardware asset management.
• Maintenance and monitoring of cloud-based demonstration servers, application instances and databases
• Generation of documentation for purpose of auditing and/or quality systems.
• Liaising with Development regarding any issues with installation routines
• Management of Print devices
• Controlling access to Server Room
• Management of internal PABX (telephone) system
• Operation of Remote Support capability as required
Requirements for the Systems Administrator role:
• 3 years+ experience working as a Systems Administrator
• Experience of managing a Windows Domain in a secure environment
• Windows networking technologies and domains; active directory, group policies
• TCP/IP and related network technologies including Wi-Fi and Ethernet
• Windows Server 2008,2012 and 2016
• Windows 10 Professional support experience
• Virtualization technologies: VMware
• Experience configuring and managing Firewall, UTM and security devices
• Managing cloud server environments (AWS/Rackspace)
• Remote support using LogMeIn
• Telephony / PABX experience
• Good troubleshooting skills.
• Backup systems
Desirable from the Systems Administrator:
• Microsoft SharePoint and Team Foundation Server
• Virtualization technologies; VMWare ESXi, Vagrant,
• Exchange Server experience
• WordPress and web technologies
• Cisco certification (to CCNP) an advantage
• Microsoft Certification an advantage
• FETAC Certification an advantage
• PowerShell, AWS, Ansible
• Veeam Backup and Restore and Cloud Backup
• Computer hardware maintenance
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)