My client, a multinational investment management company, are currently looking for a SQL Server DBA to join the team. They are currently streets ahead of the market and growing rapidly with over 350 investment firms in over 40 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking, and pension markets. This is a place where you can really grow and progress your career on an international level!
You will gain great hands on experience in database design and administration. You will thrive in an atmosphere where talented and driven individuals prosper and grow. This will be an opportunity for you to learn from some of the best DBAs in the market and fast forward your career to the next level in a very short space of time!
* Support the deployment, maintenance, and monitoring of the databases
* Provide hands-on support of large databases, including, but not limited to, availability monitoring, security, general database maintenance, ETL, backup/recovery, documentation, and configuration.
* Perform capacity planning for critical database resources, plan system expansions, and adjust architectures for future growth.
* Configure secure database access, manage access permissions, perform database restores, and execute failovers as needed.
* Create and maintain scripts and documentation for all aspects of database administration, including core design, implementation, data scrubbing, encryption, disaster recovery, and general architecture summaries.
* Establish, maintain, and adhere to CRD technical standards, policies, and procedures.
* Collaborate with business and software teams to create/streamline/automate support processes.
* Follow incident response procedures and manage troubleshooting efforts as issues arise.
* Participate in periodic weekend maintenance rotation.
* A Bachelor's Degree in IT or similar
* 2+ years operational experience on a database administration team supporting mission critical production systems.
* 3+ years with MS SQL Server database administration
* Proficient with at least one common scripting language, such as Powershell.
* T-SQL experience
* Experience with identifying and resolving database bottlenecks and performance issues (SQL optimization).
* Experience following database best practices for performance, maintenance, and security.
* Experience with Azure or AWS a plus.
The Right person should have:
* A natural desire to bring order to IT systems and to automate processes
* A positive, customer-oriented, and energetic attitude
* An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
* A desire to work hard, be challenged in a fast-paced environment, and have fun while doing it.
This is a great opportunity for a junior or mid level Database administrator. You will learn from some of the best in the industry and receive tailored training and support to fast track your career. There is a great atmosphere with this company. As well as this, there is an amazing benefits package including: increased holidays after length of service, Private Medical Insurance with leading provider for employee and dependents, life assurance, market leading pension plan, certification reimbursement scheme, additional holiday purchase scheme, travel loan scheme and more!!
To hear more about this amazing opportunity please contact Eimear at Reperio on 015713000 for a confidential chat!
Reperio Human Capital Limited acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.