Field Service Engineer
Work for an award-winning Irish IT and Telco Managed Service company in Cork. Manage a portfolio of clients and see to their IT Infrastructure needs both proactively and reactively.
• Manage a portfolio of client sites, and have ownership over those accounts.
• Carry out project work on customer sites
• Windows server installs & migration
• Hyper – V Farms
• Clustered Environments
• Hosted Server Infrastructure
• Active Directory installations
• Microsoft Exchange installations
• Office 365
• New pc setups and migrations
• Provide support to customers on any software or hardware issues that they may have. This support may be carried out onsite or remotely as appropriate and may include:
• Firewall and router technology support
• Windows mobile and handheld devices
• Provide second level escalation support to the service desk/field service team
• Advise customers on their current and/or new technologies and give recommendations where possible
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Network Engineering experience performing planning, design, installation, support and optimisation.
• Working knowledge of networking in the following areas: Wireless, Network Policy Management, Firewalls, IPS, AAA and route/switch.
• IP Addressing
• Knowledge in deploying, operating, and maintaining various network systems.
• Knowledge of network design.
• Knowledge of security certificate management and deployment.
• Working knowledge in managing intrusion prevention/detection systems.
• Working knowledge with vulnerability scans and assessments.
• Knowledge of authentication and authorization systems and protocols.
• Strong TCP/IP network administration skills.
• Experience in managing Virtual Private Networks.
• Experience in managing Firewalls.
• Solid knowledge of Windows networking and security. Windows/UNIX and Active Directory integration experience is a big plus.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills with demonstrated commitment to producing high quality documentation.
• Ability to work well with others across many organizations including development, sales, marketing, finance, customer support, and field service.
• Professional demeanour and strong work ethic.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Phil on 021 4911064 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
For more information on Collins McNicholas, contact one of our six branches across Ireland in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Sligo, Athlone, Limerick.