Our client is a rapidly expanding Financial Services Company with locations world-wide.
The network administrator will report to the Technical Design Authority on a functional basis, and support a number of Service Managers and Projects Managers in line with the demands of the business.
The network administrator will be expected to remotely deliver services to customer locations where we are providing service. This may require out of hours support when required. The role may also require flexibility to undertake International travel from time to time as part of the delivery of service.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Maintain ownership of the network design, and all supporting design documents;
- Provide Level 2 Troubleshooting on LAN/WAN and voice issues reported from business users and the service desk;
- Communicate clearly to users the cause and resolution of IT issues in a timely and polite manner.
- Highlight and report all major IT issues and risks to IT Manager in a timely manner.
- Research, test and implement new systems to improve efficiencies and satisfy user requests.
- Assist with testing system releases, patches and disaster recovery;
- Provide technical input into vendors proposal, change requests, and incident management
- Execute standard administration tasks such as reviewing system logs, monitor jobs and responding to system alerts;
- Oversight of 3rd party vendor covering service delivery and performing installation works
- Assist with network analysis and support of critical network systems;
- Perform on-call duties as needed to support technology services to business.
Experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline;
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP or equivalent experience ;
- 3+ years experience as network administrator ;
- Proven skills in networking to include but not exclusively : DNS, LAN/WAN, firewalls, wireless, TCP/IP, UDP, VoiP, QoS, MPLS, 802.x;
- Excellent problem solving abilities and good at working under own initiative;
- Good decision making skills/judgment;
- Ability to take ownership of a technical solution and work with a number of stakeholders (internal and external) to deliver a design and implementation approach;
- Excellent written and communication skills in English;
- Ability to be able to work well under pressure during disaster situations;
- Proven skills in networking topics;
- Certification in frameworks ITIL v3, ISO 27001
- Experience in networking testing or vulnerability testing would be an advantage;
- Experience in cloud networking would be an advantage (Aws, Azure etc);
- Certification in Security Frameworks would be an advantage (such as ISO 27001).