We are looking for a Solution Manager to work on a project requirement for the rollout of a workplace environment for 300 users across global sites, covering Desktop services, email services, file services, voice services, including office computing and networking
The Solution Manager will own the solution covering the business architecture, technology solution and the delivery model of the required solution. The Solution Manager will lead the development and execution of the solution to meet business requirements.
The Solution Manager will lead any required technical resources, including vendors and suppliers.
- Own the solution Model and solution strategy, including outsourcing
- Define the requirements for all internal and external service providers
- Communicate the solution model to all stakeholders and solution team members
- Ensure that the solution meets the overall transition principles and objectives
- Work closely with the transition project management team to align the solution plan with the overall transition plan
- Manage all solution related assumptions, issues, and risks and ensures that these are cascaded to the project management team
- Ensure that the solution design remains flexible enough to accommodate changing requirements
- Ensure that the appropriate resources and skill sets are identified and are on boarded to the solution team
- Ensure that the solution is in line with existing technical standard, policies and procedures
- Ensure that the solution takes into account future growth and expansion plans
- Provide and maintain the cost model for the solution
- Co-ordinate input from resources, suppliers and contractors
- Manage all dependencies with other work steams (HR, Legal, Compliance etc)
- Report on the status of solution related deliverable's
- Provide the solution deliverable's within the specified time, budget and quality.
- Experience in leading technical teams in M&A projects with tight timelines
- Good technical understanding of desktop services, network services, and support services, and the ability to bring together components into an overall solution
- Good understanding of the market and what solution components can be outsourced.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- be able to lead discussions with vendors to assess solutions and make decisions
- be able to lead the delivery of some of the technical streams where required
- Good Project management skills, ideally certified to PRINCE2, PMP levels
- Good Architecture experience, ideally in EA with certification in any of the following : TOGAF, Zachman Framework, Archimate, ITIL, COBIT