itContracting are now taking applications for an experienced Linux Engineer. This is a permanent position with itContracting (an Evros company) based onsite with our client in Dublin City Centre.
The ideal person will have an experienced technical background and a mix of most of the following:
* Extensive experience of administering commercial Linux environments.
* A good level of fluency with shell scripting languages (Redhat and centOS)
* High level of experience with virtualised environments based on the VMware vSphere 6
* Ability to operate with the Redhat based management tools focused around the Redhat Satellite Server v6 product set or similar alternatives
* Monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshoot systems problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, patching, collaborating with System Engineers & Architects on optimisation.
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent problem-solving/analytical skills
* Ability to quickly pick up new technologies and support a broad range of systems
* Ability to configure, upgrade, install and troubleshoot server hardware and software
* This position is more Linux Server Administration and Support than DevOps but an interest in DevOps technologies and practices would be an advantage
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant links. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie ). All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.