Senior IT Manager - Development & Transformation
Our client is one of Ireland's leading financial institutions; a Health Insurance Agency based in Dublin. They are currently looking for a Senior IT Manager to be responsible for all development on our client's platforms and web portals along with the leadership of a team of software developers. Reporting to the Head of IT this role is responsible for identifying and driving the implementation of transformational technologies in the business and with third parties.
The role is customer facing and requires excellent commercial awareness and communication skills.
* Architecture - Solution software architecture using common design patterns and best practices
* Delivery of Software Development - Lead development team and external resources in the successful delivery of multiple concurrent software development projects
* Leadership - Provide direction and support for team of software developers and team leads. Consolidate and structure teams. Leverage skills and resources to maximise effectiveness.
* Operational Excellence and Best Practice Standards - Raise IT maturity levels across people, process and technology.
* Transformation - Assist in the identification, development and implementation of transformative technologies to transform our internal and external customer experience and operational models
* Expert in Microsoft Technologies using a Visual Studio Development Environment and SQL Server
* Expert leading a diversified development team using multiple programming languages such as MVC, Asp Core, VB.net (legacy management), & C#, .NET and .NET Core
* Familiar with workflow tools and source code management using VSTS
* Proven ability to lead a development team along a transformation journey
* Solution software architecture using common design patterns and best practices
* A proven track record in leading large development teams
* 3rd level degree in Information Technology or other with significant IT exposure
* 5+ years IT technical leadership in development - experience in a financial services domain would be an advantage but not essential
* Ideally 10+ years as an senior IT developer
* Experience leading transformational technology projects
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 917781FK
Role: Senior IT Manager - Development & Transformation
Industry: Health Insurance
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities directly, you can send us your CV anyway via this advert or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com.
Feel free to contact us for further information: 01 901 0332