TalentScope Recruitment Solutions are hiring on behalf of our client a Systems & Network Support Engineer for their office in Dublin city centre.
Reporting to the IT Manager, you will be part of an IT team that is growing to support the requirements of an organisation that is experiencing rapid expansion.
- Strong hands-on technical skills across a broad range of technologies in the Enterprise
- 2-3 years experience in an IT Support Role.
- Experience in TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP/S, SMTP, DNS
- Knowledge of various operating systems such as LINUX and WINDOWS and their use in the Enterprise
- An understanding of network protocols to debug and troubleshoot common problems
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Knowledge & experience of computer hardware
- Virtualization & Active Directory
- Private, public and hybrid cloud associated skills
- Excellent verbal and written English-language communication skills
- Ability to write system documentation
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, when required. This can be required when working with other members of staff and/or customers in other geographic locations
- Willingness to travel overseas if required
- Excellent time-keeping and communication skills. This is essential in working with other departments
- Knowledge of firewalls, routing and IT security
- Support of mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, etc.
- Storage knowledge, i.e. SAN & NAS
- Cisco and other networking certifications or familiarity with the configuration of Cisco devices
- Messaging for the Enterprise
QUALIFICATION: Third Level Computer Science, Computer Engineering Degree or related qualifications. 7+ years’ experience working in Information Technology.
- Motivated and committed to excellence
- Organized, methodical, and detail oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
- The individual needs to be an active learner, accurate and observant
- A self-starter with a positive attitude
- Must have proven problem solving skills
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a fast growing company
This is a fantastic career development opportunity and one where you will be able to make a real difference in terms of your ability and skills.
PLEASE NOTE this role will not sponsor a work permit application - candidates should be currently eligible to work in Ireland/EU or hold a Stamp 4 permit.
For further information on this role please submit a current CV outlining your relevant experience in response to this job advert or phone Aileen on 087 2344753 for more information.
TalentScope Recruitment Solutions are a leading provider of IT Recruitment Solutions for mid-senior level roles. Please be advised you will receive an automated response to acknowledge receipt of your application.
By sending us your CV, you are accepting that your details will be stored on our systems for current/future use. No personal information will ever be shared with a third party, except where you give us your permission to send your CV to a specific client upon your agreement.