A leader in global test development and delivery solutions for academic, corporate, financial, government, healthcare, professional associations and technology markets is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to join their global, growing team. The Senior Database Administrator will build and manage the company’s database environment, offering solutions to optimize the system.
To apply for the Senior Database Administrator role, send your CV to john.egan(a)solasit.ie or call John on 01 2449516 for more info.
The responsibilities of the Senior Database Administrator will be:
• Contribute with ongoing support and administration of all (predominantly SQL Server) database servers
• Join in database design decisions and provide expertise to development teams and junior-to-mid level DBAs.
• Analyse and deploy approved database code releases to QC and production environments, following company standard processes and effectively communicating constraints, issues, and timelines to stakeholders.
• Maintain supported versions and patch levels of database systems.
• Implement, observe, and assist in ETL processes.
• Control system-wide monitoring and alerts.
• Ensure database environment is secure, available and prepared for disaster recovery according to the business’s RTO and RPO.
It is required for this Senior Database Administrator role:
• Degree in computer science-related field required.
• At least 5 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server enterprise-scale database administration
• Leadership skills, to guide junior team members.
• Knowledge of installing, configuring, monitoring, and administering both OLTP and OLAP database systems
• Good knowledge of best practices and standards for database design, implementation and security
• Experience of implementing high availability and disaster recovery requirements and solutions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with global, cross-functional teams to implement solutions.
Desirable from the Senior Database Administrator:
• Ability with Windows, Linux, and/or network troubleshooting.
• Knowledge and/or desire to learn Hadoop, CouchDB, or other big data / noSQL platforms.
• PowerShell scripting skills.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)