Localization QA Engineer [Localization/Translating/Linguistics]
Our client is one of the leading providers in software solutions and business process outsourcing.
Their Localization team is looking for a QA Tester/Engineer with a server testing background who is highly motivated to deliver high quality products. Every individual on the team makes a clear difference to the product. The chosen candidate's primary responsibility is to focus on the international aspects of our translator device to ensure that we have an amazing product. Communication skills along with the ability to understand and prioritize issues are essential. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the quality of the end to end user experience with focus on Natural Language Processing.
This position is based in Cork, Ireland.
* Hands on testing of the product
* Investigating and scoping out software bugs
* Extend linguistic and domain coverage for various test cases
* Contributing to test automation efforts
* Interact with localization engineers to ensure accuracy is preserved across language
* Escalating key quality issues and driving to resolution
* Experience building and/or scripting test automation
* Experience working with large scale client + server software features
* Self-motivated and pro-active with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
* Flexibility to respond and react to changing priorities quickly and efficiently
* Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Native English Speaker
* Must have some experience in Localization/Translating or Linguistics
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Reference No.: 917649FK
Role: Localization QA Engineer
Location: Co. Cork
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities directly, you can send us your CV anyway via this advert or to jobs[at]itcag[dot]com. Feel free to contact us for further information: 01 901 0332
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.