Junior Business Analyst - Permanent, Dublin City Centre
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to work with one of Ireland’s leading Health & Insurance Companies.
Junior Business Analyst Specialist Role and Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong potential who will quickly become productive in the client’s complex technical environment and has the people skills to perform the customer-facing aspects to the role.
- This is a great opportunity to be part of dynamic team and to work directly with business users and developers in an organisation with significant growth plans.
- Reporting directly into the BA Manager working on a range of large projects and small changes
- Analysing and testing of new and existing applications
- Delivering some of the biggest and most exciting IT projects
- Help shape the Technical Architecture of the company
- Liaising with various technical teams including developers and technical architects
What you need:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar BA role (preferably financial services)
- Proven requirements gathering or testing experience across small and large IT projects.
- Knowledge and experience of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High levels of initiative, dependability and flexibility
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary from €40,000-€45,000 p/a
- Competitive package including: Pension / Health Insurance / Bonus Scheme / On-site Gym & Canteen
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in person or with one of our IT Resourcers please forward your CV to Vantage Resources or contact Niall O’Connor on +353 1 295 2850 for a confidential discussion. Vantage Resources will not forward your details without prior discussion and approval.
Vantage Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse working environment by recruiting people from different backgrounds and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for engagement and/or employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity sexual orientation, national origin, culture, disability or age. An inclusive and diverse workforce is an essential part of the development of our organisation’s culture which we believe enhances both our working environment and the service we provide to our customers.