We are seeking to hire a Storage Administrator to assist in the management of EMC VMAX arrays in remote datacenters. You will be part of a global team based in London, Tralee and North America supporting storage provisioning, changes, projects, and troubleshooting. My client presents virtualized disk to hosts via VPLEX from multiple EMC storage arrays such as VMAX & VNX. Cisco MDS SAN switches provide connectivity with Fiber Channel internally and FCIP between sites. Replication is via SRDF/s.
Storage Administrator Main Responsibilities:
• Work with other system administrators covering the entire storage I/O stack across platforms, applications and levels of virtualization;
• Storage provisioning and related troubleshooting;
• Data protection, risk mitigation, and automation;
• Contribute to project work for installations and upgrades.
Storage Administrator Experience Requirements:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Storage array management with at least one-year managing VMAX, VPLEX, VBLOCK or VNX;
• Understanding of factors affecting I/O performance in a replicated environment;
• EMC storage management tools: Solutions Enabler, VPLEX Management Console, Unisphere for MAX or VNX, ViPR Controller Automation;
• Fluency in SYMCLI command set;
• Knowledge of SAN switch zoning;
• Automation of tasks via shell or Perl scripting;
• Infrastructure Performance & Monitoring tools – ViPR SRM, VI Virtual Wisdom;
• System administration using Linux (SUSE, Red Hat), ESX/VSphere, Windows, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris;
• Provisioning of storage to hardware platforms such as IBM P7, Cisco UCS, and IBM Bladecenters;
• Tivoli Monitoring;
• Experience with Data Domain, TSM, or Netbackup.
If you are happy to be represented and be put forward for this role of Storage Administrator (or would like more information) please send me CV via the link or contact me by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me (T: 01 536 7381) indicating if you wish to be represented by Solas Consulting Group.If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367381)