Role Title: Desktop Support Engineer (Level 3)
Location: Dublin 22.
Contract: Permanent Full time
Start date: ASAP.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide third level technical support on all incidents within the group (Fixed site support as well as travel to remote sites)
• Liaise with other Technical Management Team Resources and 3rd party providers to ensure speedy resolution of all application support issues
• Clearly communicate technical solutions in an user friendly and professional manner
• Keep users informed of Incident status
• Escalation of issues to the IT Technical Management Team Leader
• Be able to Report on status of all Technical Team incidents, Problems and Changes
• Be able to Report accurately on Project delivery dates
• Creating and Updating of our Knowledge Management Articles
• Maintain a keen understanding of Industry best practice and current infrastructure technologies and related infrastructure to assist with setting of business expectations.
• Work to the Project Management Standards set by the Sisk Group IT PM to achieve successful completion of any project you are assigned. Ensure all deliverables are delivered within the agreed timeframe.
Technical Management Team (TMT) Change Process
• Project Management of specific and defined changes as agreed with the TMT Team Lead (e.g. Upgrades, client rollouts)
• Co-ordinate and supervise the functional acceptance tests and train end users on the changes / amendments to our systems if required.
• Responsible for analysing, identifying and creating change requests to restore services.
Core Skill Set
• Must be ITIL Foundation Certified
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent Support Skills for Lev 3 incident management
• Must have Windows & Active Directory Skills at Server Level (At least one Required of):
ü Migration of Servers OR
ü Server Builds OR
ü Building and pushing out Group Policy
• Must have 1 x MCP at a minimum. Must be Server 2008 or Higher
• Must have Exchange Experience (on Premise or O365) at Server Level
• MCSA desirable
• VCP desirable
• Lync \ Skype for business at Server Level desirable
• Citrix Experience at Server Level desirable
• Wireless Solutions Experience at Controller Level desirable
• Infrastructure\Comms Room Building – Router, Switch and Wifi Rollout desirable
• Service Orientated
• Willing and capable to work well within a team environment. Has capacity to inspire and motivate others.
• Effective communicator.
• Analytical thinker, with a systematic approach to decision making and problem solving.
• Demonstrates drive and commitment
• Continue to gain IT certifications to improve technical knowledge
• Commercially astute – able to implement and achieve operational efficiencies.
• High drive and determination/positive mental attitude.