itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client in Galway in the hiring of a contract Database Administrator to support cross-domain environmental and scientific projects.
* Carry out a review of currently installed database servers (primarily SQL Server) and recommend improvements, including
* Catalogue the installed base and provide recommendations for consolidation (incl. to optimize administration and licensing)
* Review database security / access control
* Review database backup management and availability
* Review database performance optimization
* Carry out priority remediation actions to ensure data accessibility and availability
* Document best practices for database management
* Provide a base configuration template for new databases
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Michal in itContracting directly (+353 1 4396811 or Michal at itContracting dot ie)
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.